At Simply Effective Solutions (SES) we quickly convert Excel and Access business systems into fast, robust, well supported solutions that managers are pleased to use and IT departments are happy to support
We specialise in
Replacing Excel spreadsheets
Spreadsheets have their place in business, however when used as business-critical systems they carry a lot of risks:
- Extremely fragile and easy to break
- Formula errors (2-5% of all spreadsheet formulas contain errors)
- Hard to maintain. Fixing existing problems and adding new features is difficult and time consuming
- Only one person knows how to maintain the spreadsheet … what happens when they leave?
- Slow to load and calculate (Does "disabling calculations" ring a bell?)
- Can take hours to pull all the data together
- Takes hours to validate the input data (Can you trust your underlying data?)
- Different managers have their own versions (How many versions of "the truth" do you have at your meetings?)
- Validating results can be time consuming (Are you really sure the results are correct?)
- Poor concurrent user support. One user can easily undo the work of another user without even knowing.
Within a short few weeks we can remove all these problems, and provide you with a solution that will quickly give you the information you need to help you and your team make the right decisions.
Typical business systems we replace include:
- Inventory planning (stock level management)
- Distribution and replenishment plans across multiple warehouses
- Rough cut capacity planning
- Finite scheduling
- Master production scheduling
- Financial and production forecasting
- Budget planning
- Shop floor analysis and reporting
- Downtime analysis
The transformation process is simple and fast. Don’t worry about not having detailed functional requirements, we use your spreadsheet as a starting point and then work closely with you to build what you need within a few days.
We have plenty of case studies to show you how you can benefit from this transformation. Find out how our existing customers are enjoying the benefits:
- Analyse 6 months of shop floor data in 30 seconds, compared to days in Excel
- Planning process reduced from 6 hours down to 2 hours
- Up to date, on demand stock cover projection reduced from 5 hours down to 5 seconds
Call us on +61 1300 737 500 for a quick, free, no-obligation discussion on how we can remove the risk around your spreadsheets and improve your productivity.
We provide both business and technical analysis, and bring years of experience to the table in order to help you and your team perform at your highest potential.
Based on our systematic approach and methodologies we will be able help you quickly identify bottlenecks, and design simple yet effective solutions that will bring immediate and enduring benefits to your organisation.
Business Process Refinement
New software systems on their own are not the "silver bullet" to solving your existing problems. In fact they can cause more issues than they solve. Putting in place the right processes, making sure your systems communicate properly with each other and are used as intended can remove a lot of your problems at a fraction of the cost.
We will work closely with you to provide advice and assistance with business process refinements as well as managing the cultural change that is necessary in order for your team to operate at its full potential.
Data Analysis and Reports
Do you have doubts about the validity or integrity of the information you use to make critical business decisions?
If the information you use has issues, would you even know…?
Do you spend a lot of time manually checking and cleaning the input data?
Do you check the validity of the information your systems produces?
We have tools that will quickly and easily automate this process for you
- Check the structural integrity of the input data
- Check the validity of the output data
Once we know the data is safe to consume we can help you produce meaningful reports in several different formats, such as:
- Power BI
- SSRS reports
- Excel reports ( ;-) yes really…)
- HTML reports
We can automate the whole process from start to finish, so that you can produce reports within seconds and re-establish trust within your group.
Most of our work is done within larger organisations that:
- Have IT departments that are too busy to take care of their managers needs in a timely manner
- Have acquired other businesses with incompatible IT infrastructures
- Are upgrading or moving to a new ERP system
Within these organisations we generally engage with:
- Continuous improvement managers
- Operational excellence teams
- Senior managers who need tools to help their teams perform at their best
How You Will Benefit
- Quickly get to information you can trust
- Make better, informed decisions
- Restore trust within your team with "one source of the truth"
- Free up your time to work on things that really matter
- Increase your productivity
- Improve your decision making
- Reduce your stress and frustrations
- Enjoy your work again
We deliver robust solutions within days not weeks, so you can start enjoying the benefits sooner.
- Over 30 years of industry knowledge and expertise, gained from working on operational excellence projects, for large multi-national companies in different countries around the world
- Integrated solutions using data sourced from many ERP / MES systems
- OSIsoft PI System
- Rockwell FactoryTalk
- Microsoft Dynamics (… to name a few)
- Leading edge software development environment and solutions that allow us to deliver robust and effective solutions quickly
- Initial solution delivered within days
- Projects finished within weeks
- Our "systematic approach" to solving problems
- Pragmatic … our focus is on delivering the most benefits to you in the shortest possible timeframe
- Flexible. Able to work with "low resolution" requirements
- Minimal drain on your resources
- Deal with the same people from sales through to hand over
- We pride ourselves in delivering excellent "customer service" and establishing long term relationships with our customers
Let us show you how keeping things simple and using the right process and software can radically improve your work environment.
Call us ( +61 1300 737 500) or send us a message to discuss your needs.
We will then organise a free, no-obligation Zoom meeting to look at and discuss your spreadsheet in more detail.